Sunday 4 November 2012

I can see a bit of heaven

I'm not too good at this...am I supposed to start a new page for everything?! Its kind  of fun and keeps me occupied.
Thought I'd share a 'heaven' moment...
We were driving back from my good friends house last monday, I was feeling a bit tetchy and nervous. I knew that Rebekahs results were coming and I'd started to have odd 'feelings' about it all. We left his house and set off into the gloom. It was cold, very grey and rainy and the kids were annoying each other in the back of the car.
We'd been driving about 10mins when silence fell in the car, after a minute or so we arrived at the brow of a hill, as I came over the top I looked straight down onto a tree lined road. It was incredible...the whole road was sun filled, the trees bursting with light but the rest of the sky and all around that point was dark. A little voice (actually not so little!!) shouted out from the back....'mummy, I can see a bit of heaven..can you see it too'
I knew what he meant and it made me feel happy and sad all in one thought..
It reminded me of the sheer innocence of children, especially when he followed it with...'is that where your mummy is? and your daddy? and your granny? and your grandad? Has Jesus made them alive up there...
Wonderful in so many ways. Yes, they are alive now and I'm so glad that I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment